Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating
- clueless about how to eat healthy in restaurants?
- exasperated searching for nutrition facts for restaurant foods?
- unsure with diabetes of how to curb carbohydrate consumption?
- inept at putting together healthier restaurant meals?
Guide to Healthier Restaurant Eating, now in its 4th edition and over 800 pages, is just the resource you need in hand if you have pre-diabetes or diabetes and frequently choose to eat chain restaurant meals. You’ll learn the pitfalls of restaurant foods—high in fat and sodium and heavy on the portions. But have no fear, the book serves up plenty of tips and strategies to conquer these challenges head-on whether you dine in, drive-thru or have the foods delivered to your doorstep.
You’ll also have the nutrition facts more than 5,000 menu items for the top 50 chain restaurants across America at your fingertips including calories, carbohydrate, fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and more as well as the diabetes servings or exchanges. The healthiest bets and two sample meals are provided for each and every restaurant.
And now there’s even more restaurants covered in web-only content available from the American Diabetes Association
If you don't have diabetes, but want similar guidance for healthy restaurant eating, check out my book What to Eat When You're Eating Out designed for the general public.
Winner of a National Health Information Silver Award for content, creativity and overall excellence.
Table of Contents
- Section 1
- Today’s Diabetes Eating Goals
- Restaurant Pitfalls and Strategies for Self-Defense
- Restaurant Dining Dilemmas and Diabetes
- Restaurants Can Help or Hinder Your Healthy Eating Efforts
- Put Your Best Guestimate Forward
- How This Book Works for You
- Section 2: Restaurant Categories
- Breakfast Eats, Drinks, Snacks and More
- Burgers, Fries, and More
- Chicken—Fried, Roasted, or Grilled
- Seafood Catches
- Family Fare
- Soups, Sandwiches, Salads, and Subs
- Chinese and Asian Fare
- Pizza, Pasta, and All Else Italian
- Tacos, Burritos, and All Else Mexican
- Frozen Sweets and Treats