Your Fitness Questions Answered
December 1, 2015 |
Diabetic Living’s Winter 2015 issue contains an article written by Hope that answers nine questions on how to be active while living with diabetes while making exercise simple and safe. She answers:
- Can exercise make glucose levels fall as well as rise?
- Are the guidelines for exercise different for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Do you have to change your exercise routine every few months for it to be effective?
- Does the time of day I exercise have an impact on my blood glucose control?
- Do I need an exercise stress test before I begin to exercise?
- I am older and can’t afford a gym. What types of exercise can I do on my own?
- How can I tell if exercise is helping me control my glucose levels over time?
- Can exercise alone help me lose weight?
- Do I always need to eat or snack before I exercise or always bring food with me when I exercise?