Top Eleven Diabetes Websites
Today you've got immediate access to the latest research studies on diabetes. Beyond the research you’ll find guidance and guidelines for how to take care of your diabetes and stay healthy. But with this plethora of information at your fingertips how do you know which websites to trust and those to cast aside. These top eleven diabetes-focused websites link you to diabetes associations and organizations, government-sponsored sources and a few other well known, trusted and dependable resources.
Practical Carbohydrate Counting: A How-to-Teach Guide for Health [For Practitioners]
Paperback, 202 pages
Copyright © 2009
Practical Carbohydrate Counting: A How-to-Teach Guide for Health, written with co-author and diabetes nutrition expert Karen Bolderman, RD, LDN, CDE; this book is designed for health care providers who teach people with diabetes about carbohydrate counting. It provides a comprehensive understanding of the ins and outs of basic and advanced carbohydrate counting – today’s most popular diabetes meal planning approach. This resource also provides concise and practical information for teaching including: skills and readiness checklists for both basic and advanced carbohydrate counting, methods for calculating and fine-tuning carb-to-insulin ratios and correction factors for advanced carbohydrate counting. The book is filled with tips, tools and resources for teaching including recording forms and resources to access the carbohydrate counts of foods. Case studies bring the process of teaching carbohydrate counting to life.
Need Continuing Professional Education credits? Earn 16 credits by purchasing the self-study guide C194 Practical Carbohydrate Counting: A How to-Teach Guide for Health Professionals developed by the Warshaw and Bolderman for Wolf Rinke Associates, Inc.
Table of Contents
- Why, What, Who and How Much?
- Section 1: Basic Carbohydrate Counting
- Assessing Knowledge and Skills
- Concepts to Teach – From Basic Nutrition to Meal Planning
- Concepts to Teach – Counting Carbs, Reading Food Labels and Measuring Portions
- Basic Carbohydrate Counting Case Studies
- Section 2: Advanced Carbohydrate Counting
- Concepts to Teach – Advanced Carbohydrate Counting
- Advanced Carbohydrate Counting and Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion
- Pattern Management of Glycemic Control
- Advanced Carbohydrate Counting Case Studies
- Section 3: Related Topics
- Impact on Glycemia of Dietary Components Beyond Carbohydrate
- Impact on Glycemia of Non-Dietary Related Factors
- Blood Glucose-Lowering and Related Medications
- Process to Develop and Maintain Personal Carbohydrate Counts
- Appendix I – Resources for Carbohydrate Counting and Counts
- Appendix II – Blood Glucose Lowering Medications
- Appendix III – Sample Record Keeping Charts