Eat Out, Eat Well – The Guide to Eating Healthy in Any Restaurant
- clueless about how to eat healthier in fast food, fast casual?
- perplexed by Thai, Mexican, Italian and other ethnic menus?
- challenged by huge portions served by restaurant foods?
- unclear about how to put healthier restaurant meals together?
Eat Out, Eat Well – The Guide to Eating Healthy at Any Restaurant - 2016 Silver Medal Winner of the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award - is your go-to resource to assemble healthier meals in any restaurant, from fast food to fast casual, upscale dining and myriad ethnic cuisines. Keep this invaluable restaurant companion by your side! Restaurant meals are notoriously huge and loaded with fat, sugars and sodium. Get realistic advice and practical guidance from Hope, who’s been writing about this topic for 25 years.
Eat Out, Eat Well has three sections. Section one delves into healthy restaurant eating with diabetes then details the pitfalls of restaurant eating with skills and strategies to combat them all. Section two covers American fare. Section three covers ethnic fare. Each shows how to eat that cuisine healthier with sample healthier meals. Nutrition Snapshots reveal the best and worst menu options.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Healthy Restaurant Eating with Diabetes: The Basics
- Chapter 1: Trends in Restaurants, Foods and Eating
- Chapter 2: Today’s Healthy Eating Goals for Diabetes
- Chapter 3: The 10 Pitfalls Health and Nutrition Pitfalls of Restaurant Eating
- Chapter 4: The 10 Skills and Strategies for Healthier Restaurant Eating
- Chapter 5. Dealing with Diabetes Restaurant Eating Dilemmas
- Chapter 6. Healthy and Safe Restaurant Eating with Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity
- Chapter 7. Healthy Restaurant Eating - With Kids and Teens with Diabetes
- Chapter 8. Restaurant Nutrition and Ingredient Facts
- Chapter 9. Healthier Drinking Out: Nonalcoholic Beverages and Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 10: How to Make this Book Work for You
Section 2: American Fare
- Chapter 11: Breakfast, Brunch, Bagels, and Bakeries
- Chapter 12: Family-Fare
- Chapter 13: Fast-Food – Burgers, Chicken, and More
- Chapter 14: Sandwiches, Subs, Soups, and Snacks
- Chapter 15: Salads – from Bar to Entrée and Side
- Chapter 16: Going Upscale - Fine Dining
- Chapter 17: Seafood
Section 3: Ethnic Fare
- Chapter 18: Mexican
- Chapter 19: Italian
- Chapter 20: Pizza
- Chapter 21: Chinese
- Chapter 22: Thai
- Chapter 23: Japanese
- Chapter 24: Indian
- Chapter 25: Middle-Eastern