Real Life Guide to Diabetes
- overwhelmed by your diagnosis of diabetes?
- baffled about what to eat…or not?
- alarmed by all the medicines you need?
- scared about developing diabetes complications?
Real-Life Guide to Diabetes, written with RN co-author Joy Pape, puts everything you need to know about managing both type 1 and type 2 diabetes into a one-of-a-kind book. You’ll find the 300 pages filled with key research studies, common myths and facts, straightforward answers to common questions, and plenty of practical tips and tactics to solve the real life issues of every day life with diabetes. You need this reality-based information and guidance because managing diabetes today is a 24/7/365 balancing act between doing what needs to be done to care for your diabetes to stay healthy and doing and accomplishing your real life goals. Too many books paint the ideal, if-only picture. Real-Life Guide to Diabetes takes a unique and different approach. It helps you learn to fit diabetes into your real life, your way. Review the press release for Real Life Guide to Diabetes.
Table of Contents
- Section 1: Build Your Strong Foundations
- Understanding Diabetes
- Know and Control Your ABCs
- Seek and Find Care and Support
- Section 2: Create Your Real Life Diabetes Plan
- Realistic Behavior Changes for Success
- Healthy Eating – The Basics
- Eat Healthy – Real Life Challenges and Solution
- Get Up, Get Active
- Medications that Lower Blood Glucose
- Other Medications to Manage Diabetes
- No Prescription Needed
- The Importance of Catching your Z’s
- Stress, Depression and Diabetes
- Monitoring Glucose and Blood Pressure Matters
- Section 3: When Life Happens
- When Life Veers Off Schedule
- Glucose Highs and Lows
- Lose Weight, Keep it Off
- Your Sexual Health
- Tobacco and Alcohol: How they Mix with Diabetes
- Health Care Plans and Money Matters
- Know Your Rights, Don’t Be Wronged
- Prevent and Delay Long-Term Diabetes Problems