Have you lived this movie time and again?
Over the last two months you’ve enthusiastically taken steps to live a healthier lifestyle or, as you may put it, follow a diet. You’re tackling a host of action steps that might include some of the following:
- diet soda, unsweetened iced tea or sparkling water and no sugar-sweetened beverages
- more vegetables, including salads
- fruit for a snack instead of chips, candy or cookies
- dinner at home more often
- portions of meats and starches to eat just-right portions
- no fried foods, sweets and desserts most of the time
And you’re topping these changes off with a daily walking plan. Your goal is 10,000 steps a day. You start most weekdays with a mile or so alongside your neighbor who’s also trying to trim down.
Until recently your efforts have been paying off! You’ve lost about one pound a week. Great progress!